Are you embarrassed to entertain in your kitchen? You’re not alone…
Most Americans like to have friends and family over, but if their kitchen is the old builder-grade style they are usually wanting to not only replace the existing style but redo the layout.
Most kitchens made in the 90’s are small and closed-in. They made the kitchens with a lot of walls and unfortunately, the functionality of the kitchen often hinders entertaining guests. Starting off on the right foot with your Kitchen Remodeling Contractor can make all the difference.
The Advantages of a Kitchen Remodel with the Right Kitchen Remodeling Contractor
Remodeling your kitchen has several advantages and reasons such as:
- Increased functionality of your kitchen
- Open concept that allows you to entertain guests (Along with seeing your young children while you cook)
- Having a new kitchen is a great conversation starter
- A new kitchen remodel is one of the best return on investments of any room in the home you can get to increase the property value of your house
- Unlike buying a home that is already constructed… when you remodel your kitchen you get to choose all of the fun items like cabinet style, wood grain, countertop material and colors, the accessories, the appliances and so much more!
- Another benefit is you get to show off your particular style – What color cabinets you chose, the hardware, the new shiny appliances, what faucets and fixtures you like, and the list goes on!
- Many homeowners complain about not having enough storage, especially in the kitchen. When you remodel you can change the layout, add more cabinets and include storage helping accessories like pull out shelves.
- If you don’t have an island that’s another great option to add countertop space for food prep and entertaining.
- New appliances (New dishwasher is my favorite because they clean the dishes really well thanks to the newer technology and I don’t have to scrub!)
If you are looking to remodel your kitchen, spend some time on Houzz to define your style.
Knowing your style for each category will help you come to a finished product faster and you won’t be surprised when the project is complete.
Here are some popular styles to help you choose each category:
- Countertops: Granite, Marble, Silestone, Quarts
- Cabinet colors: White, Off-white, Cherry Red, Walnut, Grey, Chocolate, Oak, Espresso
- Sinks: Centerset, Single Hole/ Mount, Widespread, Wall Mount, Vessel, Farm Sink
- Backsplash: Paint, Tile, wood, vinyl
- Flooring: Tile, hardwood, stone, vinyl, cork
- Metal finishes: Brass, Bronze, Brushed Nickel, Chrome, Wrought Iron
- Faucets: Single Handle, Two Handles; High Arc, Low Arc, handless sensor
When you know what type of cabinet color, countertop material, and basic style of the kitchen, it will help with your first consultation with your remodeling company. Your remodeler will be able to create a 3D rendering with the choices you make to ensure it is the dream kitchen of your choosing.
If you can provide images from Houzz or other sites of the exact items you want, it will speed up the process and ensure you get the style you wanted.
When you first visit Houzz you get to choose the style you like. They offer images in categories such as contemporary, Eclectic, Modern, Traditional, Asian, Beach Style, Craftsman, Farmhouse, Industrial, Mediterranean, Midcentury, Rustic, Scandinavian, Shabby-Chic, Southwestern, Transitional, Tropical and Victorian. You can plan your entire kitchen online with all of the photos and inspiration on Houzz.
If you happen to be in Arizona, check out Phoenix Home Remodeling who is known for being a top Bathroom remodeling contractor in Phoenix Arizona.